Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Ideas for a backup strategy

2010-09-16 15:21:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Ideas for a backup strategy
From: Richard Scobie <richard AT sauce.co DOT nz>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:17:01 +1200
David Noriega wrote:

> both drives and 2) has as much data as these drives can take pouring
> into them, since this is taking too long to do a backup. I've read a

One solution to feed your drives at full speed, is to build a low cost
server containing an array of SATA drives, sufficient to hold all that
you are backing up, and attach the library to it.

Rsync the data you are backing up to it, and do your backup from this
array. I have been running a setup like this to backup 11TB of
uncompessible data to a single drive LTO4 library and it takes around 27
hours.

This also reduces the backup performance impct on your primary storage.

Regards,

Richard