Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Disaster recovery

2010-07-24 08:17:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Disaster recovery
From: "T. Kozinski" <talpkoz AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:14:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone,

I just lost the mainboard on my Bacula backup server, removed the tape
drive and hard disks (configured as a Linux software RAID) and sent the
rest to a repair shop.

While waiting for a new mainboard I'd like to recover my home directory
using an old spare computer without support for SATA disk drives.

Obviously at the moment I have no access to a bootstrap file,
/etc/bacula/* configuration files or catalog, however, everything is
written on the tape(s).

Is it possible to recover required files using read only tapes and
volume utility tools? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Talp