Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula writing to NAS permission issue

2010-06-29 17:21:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula writing to NAS permission issue
From: Tom Plancon <tplancon AT bkaarchs DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:19:28 -0400
Hi All,
Not purely a Bacula issue, but I've tried other sources without success. I'm setting up Bacula 5.0.2 on a Centos 5 server with the hope of Bacula writing to volumes on a Seagate Black Armor NAS device. Bacula is running fine if I write to a local disk, but I keep getting a "permission denied" error when Bacula tries to create or write to a volume on the NAS. Here is the line from my fstab:

//10.10.10.99/Bacula /mnt/blackbird cifs username=bacula,password=bacula,_netdev,uid=bacula,gid=disk 0 0

And here is the result of a "mount" command:

//10.10.10.99/Bacula on /mnt/blackbird type cifs (rw,mand)

The only user who can write to the NAS from the Centos server is root. All other users can only read. All users tested, including bacula, have accounts set up on the NAS for sharing, (I'm pretty sure the NAS OS is linux with samba, it also offers NFS as a sharing option). Any user from any Windows box can read and write to the NAS.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!
--
Thomas E. Plancon
CAD/IS Manager

B K A Architects, Inc.