Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bextract error: File size of restored file not correct

2010-06-28 04:03:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] bextract error: File size of restored file not correct
From: Ralf Ronneburger <ronneburger AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:00:05 +0200
Hi everyone,

I found many questions related to this issue, but no satisfying answer
up to now. When I use bconsole to restore a file I get the correct file
and filesize. When I use bextract to restore the same file, I get this
error message:

bextract JobId 0: drwxrwxrwx   1 root     root             0 2008-10-02
12:06:24  *none*
bextract JobId 0: -rwxrwxrwx   1 root     root      38507562 2008-10-02
16:12:09  /directory/file.zip
28-Jun 09:48 bextract JobId 0: Error: attribs.c:421 File size of
restored file /directory/file.zip not correct. Original 38507562,
restored 38507934.

When comparing the two restored files it looks like this:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38507562 Jun 25 20:15 file.zip_bconsole
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38507934 Jun 25 20:15 file.zip_bextract

I backup the files from Windows Server 2008 x64 to a disk-volume, the
backup Server (storage and director) is an x86 Linux machine.

So bextract is reporting the wrong date and it's restoring the file with
wrong size. As long as it's a zip-file unzip is fortunately clever
enough to work around this:

Archive:  file.zip_bextract
warning [file.zip_bextract]:  372 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
  inflating: .....

and the restored files of both zipfiles are the same. But with other
filetypes this does not work.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Greetings,

Ralf