Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Installing Bacula 5.0.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 with MySQL 5.1

2010-06-27 16:55:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Installing Bacula 5.0.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 with MySQL 5.1
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:51:50 +0100
Hi,

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010, Graham Sparks wrote:

> 26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalogue
> "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
> 26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: mysql.c:194 Unable to connect
> to MySQL server.
> Database=bacula User=bacula
> MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorisation is
> incorrect.
> 26-Jun 18:01 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION

I'd suggest (if you haven't already) that you lift the exact username,
password, host and database name from the config file and try a

        mysql -u <username> -p -h hostname <databasename>

give the password at the prompt and make sure .  It could be, for example,
that the mysql database is listening on the eth0 interface but not the
loopback or vice versa.  By default, I presume bacula connects on the
localhost so if that's not specified you should probably use 127.0.0.1.

Gavin