Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes.

2010-06-16 05:34:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Cannot find any appendable volumes.
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta <newsletter-ale AT guest DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:11:09 +0200
Hello,
i'm new to Bacula and I'm having some trouble.

If i'll manually run a backup from bconsole, that
backup will be completed correctly.

But if i'll wait for the scheduled backup, that backup
will abort with the following error:

Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:
"FileStorage-mycomputer" (/var/bacula/backups/clients/mycomputer)
    Pool:         Inc-Pool
    Media type:   File-mycomputer

This is my director configuration, for each client:

Job {
  Name = "client-mycomputer"
  Client = mycomputer-fd
  JobDefs = "JobPredefinito"
  Storage = "storage-mycomputer"
}

Client {
  Name = mycomputer-fd
  Address = 172.17.0.11
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = Catalog
  Password = "ARm7qyF3lJSBKJ9NRICUj+Ry3PRJ3EZN92EnilHFVb8/"
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
  AutoPrune = yes
}

Storage {
   Name = "storage-mycomputer"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
   Address = 172.17.0.1
   Device = "FileStorage-mycomputer"
   Password = "8GGBGvyuXppCgc3YxoPe5nDiX5yYhKIO22gmITaKg"
   Media Type = "File-mycomputer"
}

This is the storage configuration, for that client:

Device {
   Name = "FileStorage-mycomputer"
   Media Type = "File-mycomputer"
   Archive Device = "/var/bacula/backups/clients/mycomputer"
   LabelMedia = yes;
   Random Access = Yes;
   AutomaticMount = yes;
   RemovableMedia = no;