Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] software compression configured but reported as none

2010-06-15 14:09:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] software compression configured but reported as none
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:07:18 +0100

> I have configured a fileset, where I would expect that during the
> transfer software compression is mixed, i.e. already compressed filed
> are not compressed, and the other files are compressed.
>
> But the report of the backup in the log says
>  Software Compression:   None
>
> Is the configuration below correct or does mixing the two modes not
> work?

Mixing works fine, but you need to put the specific cases in the first Options
clause and the general case in the last one.

Bacula uses options from the first clause with a specific match and uses the
options in the last clause otherwise.  Note that signature and aclsupport need
to be in both clauses.

FileSet {
  Name = "fileset"
  Include {