Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Deduplication using BaseJob - problem

2010-06-14 12:02:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Deduplication using BaseJob - problem
From: "Rafal Skuza" <rafal AT sqza DOT eu>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:38:04 +0200
Hello,

I have several, nearly identical Centos Servers, so I decided to use BaseJob
to save some space.
Unfortunately I have encountered strange problem - some of the files, that
should be backed up by Full Level in fact aren't.
For testing purpose I configured 2 clients - first "BaseClient" and second
"NormalClient".
On "BaseClient" I run Base Level Job and on "Normal Client" Full Level Job
using that Base. My test fileset contain only /usr/bin about 2000 files.
For most of the files everything is OK. Files which should be backed by Full
Level was backed by Full, and files which should use Base used it.
But several files (approximately 10) didn't back up by Full, but they should
be. Strange part is that if I narrow fileset to limited number of files then
everything is OK.
I tried change Accurate and BaseJob fileset option. No matter if I choose
MD5 or SHA1 cheksum comparison the same files did not back up.
I compare checksum those problematic files manually and they differ.
I forget mentioned that I use Bacula 5.0.2
My test configuration :

Job {
  Name = "BaseJob"
  Level = Base
  Client = BaseClient
  FileSet = "test_set"
  JobDefs = "BaseDef"
}

Job {
 Name = "FullJob"
 Base = BaseJob
 Level = Full
 Accurate = yes
 FileSet = "test_set"
 JobDefs = "FullDef"
}

FileSet {
  Name = "test_set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = SHA1
      BaseJob = pugs1
      Accurate = pugs1
    }

    File = /usr/bin/
  }
}

If I configure FileSet like below, everything goes correctly (esdmon Is one
of the files causing problems with fileset described above, bzcat should be
backed up by Full and bc should use Base)

FileSet {
  Name = "test_set"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = SHA1
      BaseJob = pugs1
      Accurate = pugs1
    }

    File = /usr/bin/esdmon
    File = /usr/bin/bzcat
    File = /usr/bin/bc
  }
}

There are some warnings in the log file, but files they relate to are backed
up correctly:

Warning: Can't verify checksum for /usr/bin/zipinfo

Best regards,
R.S.