Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Nagios Plugins

2010-06-02 22:20:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Nagios Plugins
From: "Ken" <ken.barclay AT qbmore DOT com>
To: "'John Drescher'" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, "'Joseph Spenner'" <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>, "'bacula-users'" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 09:17:46 +0700
Hi John,

I don't use Nagios, I use Zabbix, but getting alerts for mount requests is
fairly simple.
I receive alerts for the following type of Bacula messages:

09-Apr 04:35 Test-sd JobId 6900: Job Example.2009-04-08_22.15.26 waiting.
Cannot find any appendable volumes.

02-Mar 08:43 Test-sd JobId 19295: Please mount Volume "000011L3" for:

How to:
In your messages resource

operatorcommand = "/etc/bacula/mountrequest.sh"
operator = nms.example.local = mount

The operator command calls my script mountrequest.sh, and the $message is
forwarded to Zabbix.  Here is the guts of the script, you will need to do
whatever to send the output to nagios.

data=`cat`

error1=`echo "$data" | grep "Please mount" | awk -F" " '{ print $6,$7,$8,$9;
}'`

error2=`echo "$data" | grep appendable | awk -F" " '{ print
$9,$10,$11,$12,$13; }'`

   if [[ "$error1" == "" ]]; then {

      message=$error2
   }