Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Autochanger, checking valid volumes in all drives ?

2010-06-02 03:25:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Autochanger, checking valid volumes in all drives ?
From: Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:53:31 +0930
Hi guys,
we have a 127 slot / 3 drive library, which is working great . Drives 0 and 1 are set for automatic use.

We have 2 jobs, offsite and local, and a separate pool for each job, with tapes being picked up from Scratch. This works fine too.

Both jobs are configured to use the autochanger storage device (not a drive specifically).

The somewhat annoying thing is this. if we have:
Drive0 has a tape already in "offsite" pool.
Drive1 has a tape already in "local" pool.

If neither drive0 nor drive1 are currently in use, and job-local starts, instead of saying, hey, i have a tape for me in Drive1, it actually unloads Drive0, moves the tape from Drive1 to Drive0 and starts using it.

It would be great if the job could check what volumes/tapes are available already in the drives, and then just start using the correct one.

Is this a new feature/improvement, or am have I missed a magic something somewhere?

TIA!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I detest people who take short­cuts rather than do things right, because they leave shit for the rest of us to clean up."
   PHK