Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 needs readline-devel as dependency

2010-06-01 09:02:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 needs readline-devel as dependency
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:29:39 +0100

> Currently, it is impossible for me to build the rpm packages for CentOS5
> x86_64, because you added readline-devel as a dependency into the spec
> file.
> That package does not exist on CentOS5/RHEL.

Are you sure?  readline-devel-5.1-3.el5.x86_64.rpm is listed here:

http://mirror.ukhost4u.com/centos/5.5/os/x86_64/CentOS/

> I always thought bacula picks the readline lib during configure stage, so
> why is this dependency in the spec file?

It is very desirable that anyone can rebuild the rpm and get the same results
(or failure).  Allowing an rpm build to pick different options depending on
what is installed on the build machine would be a bad idea IMHO.

__Martin