Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Single Restore from different Storages

2010-05-25 20:43:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Single Restore from different Storages
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:17:09 -0300
Hello List

Here's my sittuation, I've two different Storages configured in Bacula, which are my two Sun StorageTek SL24 tape storages. In one (called TPA), i've all my monthly FULL backups and on the other (called TPB), i've mine DIFFERENCIAL and INCREMENTAL backups.

The backups are working fine, but I've a problem in the restore. At the end of the file selection interface, Bacula asks for the following:

JobName:         job.restore
Bootstrap:       /var/lib/bacula/dir.ptibacula-dir.restore.6.bsr
Where:           /tmp
Replace:         always
FileSet:         fs.default
Backup Client:   client.ptihome
Restore Client:  client.ptihome
Storage:         TPA
When:            2010-05-25 21:09:50
Catalog:         cat.default
Plugin Options:  *None*

The problem is that my FULL backup tapes are in the the TPA, while my DIFFERENTIAL and INCREMENTAL tapes are in the TPB Storage, but I can only pass a single storage in the restore routine. Eventually, Bacula prints the following:

25-Mai 17:20 st.ptibacula-st JobId 248: Warning: acquire.c:260 Read acquire: Wrong Volume mounted on device "dev.TPA" (/dev/nst1): Wanted 000028L3 have 000008L3

Meaning that Bacula is trying to mount the tape 000028L3 which is in the TPB Storage using the device of the TPA Storage.

Any ideas on how I can do a restore of this client when the tapes are on different Storages?

Thanks!!!