Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using removable SATA disks as media

2010-05-20 10:55:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using removable SATA disks as media
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 07:53:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Wed, 4/14/10, Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net> wrote:

> Once purged, you can either let Bacula recycle them itself,
> or you can
> use the Update Volume command to manually change the volume
> status to
> Recycle.  This is a particularly straightforward
> operation if you are
> using BAT, since you can do it on all the volumes at once.

I think I have my volumes set wrong.  I had an error today after every volume
finally had been used at least once:

==
20-May 02:05 bacula-va-sd JobId 75: Job Bacula_Server.2010-05-20_01.05.00_02 is
waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      "FileStorage" (/opt/bacula/volumes)
    Pool:         File
    Media type:   File
==

I thought I fixed this, but apparently not.  How should the Volume Status be
set in order to cycle through volumes and start over after the last one is
used?  When the above failure occurred, all my Volume Status's were "Used".