Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volume in Status error after cancelling a job (5.0.2)

2010-05-17 10:24:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volume in Status error after cancelling a job (5.0.2)
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:21:59 +0200
On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:59:53PM +0200, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> each time I cancel a backup job, the next job bound for that volume on
> which the cancelled job ran Bacula marks the volume in error with a
> "file count mismatch".
>
> I don't recall bad behaviour like this from previous versions (mainly
> 2.4 and 3.0.x), so is this a bug or a feature? Is it safe to "repair"
> the volume by upping the file count in the catalog and setting it to
> status "full"?
>
> All the best,
>
> Uwe

Hi folks,

can somebody tell me wether the above "repair method" is acceptable? I
haven't seen any answers so far, so I thought I'd ask the question one
more time.

Thanks Uwe

--
uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany