Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Alternatives to bat

2010-05-17 07:32:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Alternatives to bat
From: taisgeal <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 07:31:03 -0400
I find bat very useful for checking the state of backup media. However, I find
that in other ways, it is not so good, in particular when trying to purge or
prune tapes. It doesn't seem to understand "yes" and no" in dialogues. I mostly
use "bconsole", but like the convenience of tape viewing from the bat GUI.

My question is :

What alternatives are there to bat and what are their pros and cons ? In
particular, is there any web-based which offers the same functionality as bat,
but which can handle keyboard input better than bat ? I have read about a few
tools, but would like to hear from people who actually use them, before going
to the trouble of setting something up.

Thanks.