Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up to Amazon S3

2010-05-14 17:52:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up to Amazon S3
From: Denis Shaposhnikov <dsh AT wizard.volgograd DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:50:10 +0400
On 05/14/2010 02:02, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:

> Does anybody has working examples of using s3fs or s3cmd with bacula for
> using Amazon S3 as bacula storage?
>
> I've tried s3fs but it seems bacula 5.0.0 doesn't want to use s3 bucket
> mounted into a directory because it doesn't have "." and ".." entries.

Hmm... No answers. OK, I've ended with mounting S3 bucket on system boot
like

  echo "/usr/local/sbin/s3fs -o use_cache=/home/bacula/s3fs-tmp bucket
/var/db/bacula/s3fs" | su -m bacula

Don't forget "use_cache". I've found bacula can't label new volumes
without it. It's trying to label it forever without any luck. Also I've
added

  Run After Job = "/usr/bin/find /home/bacula/s3fs-tmp -type f -exec
/bin/rm -f {} +"
  Run After Failed Job = "/usr/bin/find /home/bacula/s3fs-tmp -type f
-exec /bin/rm -f {} +"

into my JobDefs. Because I don't want keep volumes on local file system.
That's why I use S3. Ideally would be removing cached volume just after
bacula close it, but I don't know how to implement it.

And last, I've patched s3fs using a little modified diff from

  http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/wiki/FuseOverAmazon

  Comment by estabroo,  May 10 (4 days ago)

I'm attaching that diff into this mail.