Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] New To Bacula

2010-05-13 20:11:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] New To Bacula
From: "Frandin, Dave" <Dave.Frandin AT nv.doe DOT gov>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:33:41 -0700
Hello List!

I'm new to Bacula, we have set up a system to serve as an
evaluation/test Bacula server (director, storage, file daemons, Bacula
5.0.1, on CentOS5.4, with a spare SCSI DLT drive). I built the server
from source using the "Traditional Redhat Linux install" specs shown in
the user manual. The director talks to the local file/storage daemons
fine, btape was happy with my tape drive, several test jobs were run
using the FD on the test machine ok. Now my boss wants me to test on one
of our production machines with just the FD installed there. I've done
this, and the director connects to the FD on the production machine fine
when I do a "status" from bconsole, I can do an "estimate" of the small
test job I've set up, and bconsole's "estimate" shows the amount of data
I would expect to see, however... when I try to run the job that I just
did the estimate on, the job hangs for 30 min and 1 sec, showing 0 FD
files written, 0 SD files written, no SD errors, but shows an FD
termination status of "Error" and SD termination status "Waiting on FD",
and Termination "*** Backup Error ***". We are evaluating Bacula to
replace the current Symantec BackupExec/RALUS that we currently use..

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Dave

Compile Configuration

CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure \
--sbindir=/usr/sbin \