Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] BCK Windows 2000

2010-05-13 05:30:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] BCK Windows 2000
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Carlo Filippetto" <carlo.filippetto AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:28:10 +1000

> HI all,
> I have this warning on Windows 2k backup:
>
> ------------------
> Could not stat "C:/pagefile.sys": ERR=The process cannot access the
> file because it is being used by another process.
>
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/SAM": ERR=The process cannot
> access the file because it is being used by another process.
> .
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/SAM.LOG": ERR=The process cannot
> access the file because it is being used by another process.
> .
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/Software": ERR=The process
> cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
> .
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/SOFTWARE.LOG": ERR=The process
> cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
> .
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/System": ERR=The process cannot
> access the file because it is being used by another process.
> .
> Cannot open "C:/WINNT/system32/config/SYSTEM.ALT": ERR=The process
> cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
> -------------------
>
> I think that the SAM's files may be important to restore all the
machine!

> How can I do?

The files you are seeing are the registry hives, and are in use by the
system. This problem is solved under XP and newer via VSS but not under
2000 and I doubt that you'll get much interest in getting someone to
invent it.

I would use ntbackup to create a system state backup and just back that
up.

Any reason you can't upgrade to 2003?

James