Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Maybe OT] 5.0.2 & PostgreSQL 8.4.3: Disk space requirements

2010-05-12 21:11:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Maybe OT] 5.0.2 & PostgreSQL 8.4.3: Disk space requirements
From: Lampzy <lampzy AT gmail DOT com>
To: Holger Rauch <holger.rauch AT empic DOT de>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 18:09:21 -0700
Holger,

One thing to try is to put Bacula's working directory on a bigger file
system. If you have spooling enabled (which you probably have) the
working directory is where Bacula spools attributes i.e. the data it
needs to save in the database and if you backup a lot of files this
directory can grow pretty fast. The attributes spooling directory is
always the working directory regardless where your data spool directory is.

If you don't have spooling enabled... well, give the working directory
more space just to test it. At least you'll rule out one possible cause
for failure.

--
Peter