Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple Options inside Include

2010-05-04 15:49:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple Options inside Include
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 20:47:17 +0100

> Hello,
>
> I'm using 2 options resources inside an Include in the Fileset: one for
> general
> options and the other for exclude files. Bacula reads the Fileset without
> problems and when it shows the job it's also OK.
>
>   --> FileSet: name=XXXFileset
>       O MZ6
>       O ei
>       WD [A-Z]:/WINNT/Temp
>
> The problem is that the compression only works if it appears in the Options
> resource in second position. If the attribute goes in the first Options
> resource
> bacula doesn't do any compression.
>
> Anyone else is also using multiple options resources inside includes? Do you
> have any trouble with it?

That is by design.  Options clauses only match if there is an explicit Wild,
WildDir etc keyword that matches the filename.  If no Options clauses match,
then the last one is used to supply the options.  In other words, an Options
clause with no Wild, WildDir etc is only useful as the last clause to provide
the default options.

__Martin