Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about job schedule

2010-05-02 07:26:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about job schedule
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 08:23:53 -0300
On Saturday, 24 April 2010 22:31:57 +0200,
Jörg Model wrote:

> > I'm attempting to plan the jobs so that the first and third Sunday
> > is made a full backup and the rest of the days is made a
> > differential backup. For this I'm using the following syntax:
> >
> > Schedule {
> >  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
> >  Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 1st 3rd sun at 0:00
> >  Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
> > mon-sat,2nd sun at 0:00
> > }
> >
> > Then I have the following schedule for the Bacula server:
> >
> > Schedule {
> >   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
> >   Run = Level=Full Pool=Full sun-sat at 0:05
> > }
> >

> > But I see that yesterday only last one was executed. In order to
> > obtain the behavior that I said above, would I have to correct the
> > syntax that I'm using in first schedule?

> Hello Daniel,

Hi, Jörg.

> probably something like this helps:
>
> Schedule {
>     Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>     Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 1st sun at 0:00
>     Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 3rd sun at 0:00
>     Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
> mon-sat at 0:00
>     Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
> 2nd sun at 0:00
>     Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
> 4th-5th sun at 0:00
> }
>
> I am not sure about it, test it. Anyway it is more readable.

I was trying with these definitions and I'm seeing that today was
executed both differential and full backup for each client:

  JobId:                  17423
  Job:                    Mt32.2010-05-02_00.00.00
  Backup Level:           Differential, since=2010-04-04 00:00:22

  JobId:                  17424
  Job:                    Mt32.2010-05-02_00.00.01
  Backup Level:           Full

And it does not seem that it has been a differential job that has been
of before the modification of schedule. Some idea of why this can
happen?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37