Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula web interface

2010-04-26 04:20:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula web interface
From: Feloy2 <feloy2 AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:16:03 +0200
Hello Bacula Users,

I would like to announce on this list the development of a new graphical
user interface for Bacula.

This interface is primarily intended for Bacula users (as opposed to
administrators). Users will be able to easily manage hosts, filesets and
schedules, and from these different elements, manage jobs. Job
management includes viewing information of jobs completed, viewing files
backuped, running jobs manually, restoring files from backups, removing
catalog infos and volumes for a job.

Actually, backups are made on disk, one backup per file. The system
being multi-user, backup files are stored in different directories on
disk, one directory per user.

The software is web-based. An online production version is available at
http://www.web-bat.com. Creation of a free account is possible, with a
limited amount of disk space.

The sources are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/web-bat/

I've not tested the installation of this system on an existing Bacula
database. So please test it with a new and empty database. I've forgot
to mention that the system requires a PostgreSQL-based Bacula installation.

Any comments are welcome.

--
Philippe Martin