Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What value to use for "Label Format=" when using "label barcodes" for automatically labeling autoloader tapes?

2010-04-25 11:37:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] What value to use for "Label Format=" when using "label barcodes" for automatically labeling autoloader tapes?
From: Holger Rauch <holger.rauch AT empic DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:32:52 +0200
Hi,

I'm currently running Bacula 5.0.1 on a Debian Lenny system with a HP
StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader containing an Ultrium 920 LTO3 drive
connected via SAS to a HP ProLiant DL 380 G6 machine.

I'm trying to label my tapes differently depending on the pool for
which they are used. What I'm trying to accomplish is a naming
convention similar to

<Label_Name>_weekly_${Year}_${Month}_${Day} when the pool "WeeklyBackup"
is used and
<Label_Name>_daily_${Year}_${Month}_${Day} when the pool "DailyBackup"
is used

(<Label_Name> is a placeholder for a barcode label, e. g. "ADE891L3").

(I want to recycle my tapes (Recycle = Yes) so that they can be used
for different pools simultaneously).

How can I refer to a name of a barcode label in the "Label Format="
option? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any variable holding the label
name in the manual.

Furthermore, I'm curious as to how to make the "label barcode" command
in bconsole take the patterns specified as the value of the "Label
Format=" option into account. Is that possible with "label barcode" or
do I have to invoke the label command manually, i. e. without
automatic barcode label detection?

(In case I was overlooking something in the manual/wiki, I apologize).

Thanks & kind regards,

   Holger