Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about job schedule

2010-04-24 17:00:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Questions about job schedule
From: Jörg Model <jm AT plusline DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:31:57 +0200
Daniel Bareiro schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm attempting to plan the jobs so that the first and third Sunday is
> made a full backup and the rest of the days is made a differential
> backup. For this I'm using the following syntax:
>
> Schedule {
>  Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>  Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 1st 3rd sun at 0:00
>  Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
> mon-sat,2nd sun at 0:00
> }
>
> Then I have the following schedule for the Bacula server:
>
> Schedule {
>   Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Full sun-sat at 0:05
> }
>

> But I see that yesterday only last one was executed. In order to obtain
> the behavior that I said above, would I have to correct the syntax that
> I'm using in first schedule?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,

probably something like this helps:

Schedule {
    Name = "WeeklyCycle"
    Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 1st sun at 0:00
    Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full 3rd sun at 0:00
    Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
mon-sat at 0:00
    Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
2nd sun at 0:00
    Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full DifferentialPool=Incremental
4th-5th sun at 0:00
}

I am not sure about it, test it. Anyway it is more readable.

Kind regards

Jörg

--

Jörg Model
Managed Service

Amtsgericht Frankfurt a. M. HRB 53629
Vorstand:                   Richard Gresek,
                            Thomas Friedl
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender:  Dr. Wilfried Leven