Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to Backup a bacula director with another bacula

2010-04-13 06:58:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to Backup a bacula director with another bacula
From: Bellucci Srl3 Bellucci Srl <e7967 AT seat DOT it>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:56:17 +0200

Hi all,

i write you for an issue, I try to backup a bacula server with another bacula server, but I receive always the same error message:

13-Apr 12:19 bckam101-dir JobId 46775: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon at "bckam102:9102". Possible causes: Passwords or names not the same or

Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or FD networking messed up (restart daemon).

Please see http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000 for help.

13-Apr 12:19 bckam102-fd: Fatal Error at authenticate.c:143 because:

Incorrect password given by Director at client.

13-Apr 12:19 bckam101-dir JobId 46775: Warning: Unexpected Client Job message: 2999 Authentication failed.”.

This is my scenario:

SERVER ONE – (Bacula 3.0.1)

LSB Version:      :core-3.1-amd64:core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-amd64:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch

Distributor ID:   RedHatEnterpriseServer

Release:              5.3

Codename:        Tikanga

SERVER TWO – (Bacula 3.0.3)

LSB Version:      :core-3.1-amd64:core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-amd64:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch

Distributor ID:   RedHatEnterpriseServer

Release:              5.3

Codename:        Tikanga

I have add a job definitions for the SERVER TWO in the SERVER ONE Director config file and for resolve the authenticate problem I have try a password like SERVER TWO hostname (like a normal client), the password for the Director or the password for the SD. I have add in the SERVER TWO FD and SD config files a definitions for the SERVER ONE Director where ask “List Directors who are permitted to contact this File / Storage daemon” but I receive always the authentication error.

This two backup servers working really fine for many clients. Now I want to try to cross this backups for a disaster recovery strategy: if my SERVER TWO explodes with his storage I have a copy of his configuration on the SERVER ONE.

How is possible backup a Bacula server with another Bacula server?

Thanks a lot in advance to all

Luca

Questo messaggio di posta elettronica contiene informazioni di carattere confidenziale rivolte esclusivamente al destinatario sopra indicato.
E' vietato l'uso, la diffusione, distribuzione o riproduzione da parte di ogni altra persona. Nel caso aveste ricevuto questo messaggio di posta elettronica per errore, siete pregati di segnalarlo immediatamente al mittente e distruggere quanto ricevuto (compresi i file allegati) senza farne copia.
Qualsivoglia utilizzo non autorizzato del contenuto di questo messaggio costituisce violazione dell'obbligo di non prendere cognizione della corrispondenza tra altri soggetti, salvo più grave illecito, ed espone il responsabile alle relative conseguenze.

Confidentially notice. This e-mail transmission may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Please do not read it if you are not the intended recipient(S).
Any use, distribution, reproduction or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving it in any manner.

Seat Pagine Gialle S.p.A. Cap. Soc. Euro 450.265.793,58 – Sede legale Milano –Via Grosio 10/4 CAP 20151; Sede secondaria Torino – Corso Mortara 22 – CAP 10149 ;Registro Imprese di Milano, Codice Fiscale e Partita IVA n. 03970540963