Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula don't read all my files

2010-04-12 14:11:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula don't read all my files
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Daniel <dpicon AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:07:15 -0400
> But my job is making the copy of all the files and directories, and I
> have to exclude the copy of my virtual machines and the hidden folder .gvfs
> If I put the option Exclude = yes, the bacula server does not copy any
> file, but if I exclude that line, it makes the copy of the full
> directory...
>
> the manual is written that the option "exclude = yes" should be placed,
> otherwise the system does not ignore the files in the section "exclude".
>
> So, what is the problem?
>
> I am sending the copy of the FileSet configuration
>
> FileSet {
>  Name = "User File Set"
>  Include {
>   Options {
> #       Exclude = yes ## here is the problem.. :( If I left that way, the
> backup make the copy of all files and not ignore the directory
> /home/user/.VirtualBox
>                      ## If I delete the comment, the system does not make the
> copy of any file or folder
>   }
>   File = /home/user/
>   }

This means exclude all files in the File = part which in this case is
/home/user not the Exclude lines below.

>       Exclude {
>               File = /home/user/.VirtualBox/
>               File = /home/user/.gvfs
>             }
> }

Look at the following example taken from the manual for an example of
the usage of exclude=yes :

http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001780000000000000000

FileSet {
  Name = "Full Set"