Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula and windows 7 or vista

2010-04-09 12:11:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula and windows 7 or vista
From: johat <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:12:12 -0400
Disclaimer: please bear in mind that I am an absolute begnner myself, and that
I am no windows sysadmin.

Here's the file set for one of our windows servers:

Fileset &#123;
&nbsp; Name = "My semi-fictional windows server"
&nbsp; Enable VSS = yes
&nbsp; Include &#123;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;File = E&#58;/Data
&nbsp; &#125;
&nbsp; Exclude &#123;
&nbsp; &nbsp; File = E&#58;/Data/Users/Transfer
&nbsp; &#125;
&#125;

> Ideally I would also like to exclude all of the unnecessary garbage that
> windows puts into "Users".

As soon as you know which files and subdirectories te exclude, just put the
names in the Exclude clause, as shown above. In the example above, the
'E:/Data/Users/Transfer' subdirectory is excluded from the backup.

> But it is giving strange messages
>
> *snip*
>
> ERR=The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
> process.

IIRC, this problem is apparently solved by enabling the VSS service on the
windows client and setting the 'Enable VSS' option in your fileset directive to
'Yes'.  Note to the veterans: please feel free to correct me if I am wrong
here. I am still learning here.

Greetings & good luck,
Joachim