Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] upgrading bacula

2010-04-07 11:28:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] upgrading bacula
From: Bill Szkotnicki <bszk AT uoguelph DOT ca>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:20:19 -0400
Thanks John,

I ran update_mysql_tables and the table JobHisto is missing.
Do I need to create it?

Bill
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 8: Table 'bacula.JobHisto' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 9: Table 'bacula.JobHisto' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 10: Table 'bacula.JobHisto' doesn't exist
Update of Bacula MySQL tables succeeded.

John Drescher wrote:
I need to upgrade the bacula that I am running here on a fedora-linux
server.
Currently we run version 2.0.2 and I am attempting to move to 5.0.1
Questions:
1) Do I need to change the database? ( mysql 5.0.27 ) ( i.e. are the
tables and indexes the same? )

There are several database upgrades since 2.0.2. You need to run the
bacula upgrade scripts. Also I would upgrade your mysql. 5.0.27 is as
at least as ancient as bacula-2.0.2. My distro has mysql-5.0.90 as the
latest 5.0 release but there are also 5.1 to 5.4 releases and 5.5
betas..

2) May I just replace the binaries with the newly compiled ones?

You will probably have to update your director configs as well some
options have changed in the last 2.5 years.

3) Will the new bacula communicate properly with the older clients on
PCs ( mostly windows 2.4.4 )

Yes

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.

John