Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] dvd size backups

2010-04-01 12:11:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] dvd size backups
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:08:52 +0300
On 1.4.2010 18:25, Mads Rasmussen wrote:

> Another try:
>

> Bacula-sd.conf
>

> Device {
>
>   Name = DVDFileStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
>   Archive Device = /export/backup-dvd-spool
>
>   LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
>
>   Random Access = Yes;
>
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>
>   RemovableMedia = no;
>
>   AlwaysOpen = no;
>
> }
>

> Bacula-dir.conf
>

> # Definition of file storage device
>
> Storage {
>
>   Name = DVDFile
>
> # Do not use "localhost" here
>
>   Address = 192.168.0.141          # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
>
>   SDPort = 9103
>
>   Password = "hidden"
>
>   Device = DVDFileStorage
>
>   Media Type = File
>
> }
>

> Pool {
>
>   Name = DVDFilePool
>
>   LabelFormat = "BaculaDVD"
>
>   Pool Type = Backup
>
>   Recycle = no                # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
>
>   AutoPrune = yes             # Prune expired volumes
>
>   Volume Retention = 365 days # one year
>
>   Storage = DVDFile
>
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 4700000000
>
> }
>

> It seems to be working but only a small file is created, any ideas?
>
> I do a run, then change the pool and storage to this newly created
> configuration and then it tells me everything is ok
>
> I get no further messages and a status on jobs says it was run ok
>
> What is missing?

It seems to me that nothing, if the backup was done. The file grows and
grows until it's maximum size is reached, and then next volume is used.

The same goes with DVD, an "empty" volume is "sometimes" 202 bytes,
"sometimes" it is 0 bytes, god only knows what's the difference.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time.  So long
as there is a regular progression of stimuli to get your mental hooks
into, there is room for lateral movement.  Once this begins, its rate is
a matter of discretion.
                -- Corwin, Prince of Amber