Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Big log....

2010-04-01 09:24:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Big log....
From: Gilberto Nunes <gilberto.nunes AT selbetti.com DOT br>
To: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:21:23 -0300
Hi Phil...

Thanks for your reply....

I will fix this...

Phil Stracchino escreveu:
On 04/01/10 07:50, Gilberto Nunes wrote:

Hi buddies...

I have bacula install here, and I see that file Log.MYD from Mysql is
very big, about 1.5 GB!....
What the purpose of this Log.MYD???
Can I empty the contents of this file???

Gilberto,
As a general rule, unless you have specific auditing requirements, you
should probably only have transaction logging enabled on MySQL when
debugging.  For routine operation, you should log only errors, precisely
*because* logging all transactions will generate vast quantities of log
data.

--
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
Suporte T.I.