Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Installation errors

2010-03-31 23:31:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] Installation errors
From: "Abigail Rebello" <bluebriarrose AT rediffmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: 1 Apr 2010 03:23:19 -0000
Hi,

I'm fairly new to linux and am trying to test Bacula as a network backup for our bank.. I'm not abe to get past the first steps...i.e. Installation of bacula-mysql-5.0.1-1.su110.i586.rpm...

I get a failed dependency error for libpython2.5.so.1.0 being needed...
(even though my Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11.0 system has libpython2.6.so.1.0 installed by default...)

If I remove libpython2.6.so.1.0 , all I have is a box that won't do anything...

Is there a way around this??

Can anyone point me to recent docs for installing bacula - suse linux related ?? I found a lot of docs for other operating systems

Abigail