Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup

2010-03-31 20:02:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DVD backup
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 02:59:31 +0300
On 1.4.2010 2:10, Mads Rasmussen wrote:
> I’m having trouble configuring bacula to backup on DVDs – I know it’s
> not the best solution and I will buy a tape drive but I wanted to play
> around with bacula in the mean time.
>
> I try using bconsole to run a new job but I never get around to writing
> something to DVD

Your configuration seems OK to me. However, I have never allowed Bacula
to "autolabel" my volumes, I labeled them manually in bconsole before
hand. Maybe you have do so too, as it seems to wait a named volume.

But.

When I converted from DAT to DVD some 1 and a half years ago, I could
not get the latest versions of Bacula working! There were always
something, different problems with different versions of Bacula.

Finally someone told that version 2.0.2 works for for him, and I
downloaded and compiled that.

And I have used it then, and never looked back. I strongly believe that
2.4.x or later will not work.

I have lost 2 DVD Writers during this 1½ years... when the last one went
belly up it just showed what you now see: no can do mount.

Can you mount it from shell? When bacula can't mount it does not tell
any error messages, but in shell you may see something. To me, it said
"No media".

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Q:      What do you have when you have a lawyer buried up to his neck in sand?