Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: exchange 2003 restoration error

2010-03-31 00:44:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: exchange 2003 restoration error
From: Koldo Santisteban <ksantisteban AT gmail DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 06:40:37 +0200
Hello James,
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, exchange spanish version has "ó"   char (grupo
  de almacenamiento de recuperaciòn) and the mailbox db has "Almacén del buzón" too.

Using bweb or bat i can see strange chars during folder selection. I see the "?" char instead of "ó" and "é" characters (but i don´t know if this has any relationship with my restoration issue).
Regards

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM, James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au> wrote:

> finally i have got to do a full restore naming the restore folder
"Recovery
> storage group". In a exchange spanish version the folder name would be
"grupo
> de almacenamiento de recuperacion". I think that "recovery storage
group" name
> is hardcoded in the exchange plugin and, for that reason, in a spanish
> exchange version will never work.

No storage group name is hardcoded in, but it could be a naming
confusion somewhere though. Does the Spanish version of "Recovery
Storage Group" have any non-ascii characters in it? If the plugin were
translating between single and double byte characters that could easily
cause problems.

James