Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Can't connect to FD after upgrade to 3.

2010-03-29 14:32:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Can't connect to FD after upgrade to 3.
From: Roland Roberts <roland AT astrofoto DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:30:37 -0400
On 03/29/2010 02:01 PM, Hugh Brown wrote:
> Roland Roberts wrote:
>
>> Okay, so it didn't work, no big deal, the server was past due to be
>> upgraded.  So I upgraded to Fedora 12 on the server and picked up the
>> 3.0.3 bacula server.  But since this upgrade, the 3.0.3 server can't
>> talk to the 3.0.3 client.  But it does talk to a 2.4.4 client on a
>> Fedora 11 system.
>>
> I presume you've tried "status client" in bconsole; what exactly do
> you see when you run that?  How long does it take to time out, if
> that's what it's doing?

I had, but I just did it again while I had the client in the foreground
with verbose messages.  I had been getting

*status client
The defined Client resources are:
      1: archos-fd
      2: aristarchus-fd
      3: hipparchus-fd
      4: tycho-fd
      5: copernicus-fd
Select Client (File daemon) resource (1-5): 1
Connecting to Client archos-fd at archos.rlent.pnet:9102
Failed to connect to Client archos-fd.
====
You have messages.
*
29-Mar 14:10 archos-dir: *Console*.2010-03-29_14.08.08 Fatal error: File
daemon on "archos.rlent.pnet:9102" rejected Hello command

But with verbose client, I get the above from the console but this in
the client window:

archos-fd: cram-md5.c:73-0 send: auth cram-md5
<1018903137.1269886223@archos-fd> ssl=0
archos-fd: cram-md5.c:152-0 sending resp to challenge:
a9/LnX1KKQ/Gj6+qd++t1B

The password in bacula-dir.conf for archos-fd matches the password in
bacula-fd.conf,

> If you run tcpdump on the client, do you see the connection from the
> director?  If you run it on the server, does it match up with what you
> see on the client?  What about if you run strace on bacula-fd on the
> client?

I ran strace which lead me to check hosts.allow/hosts.deny; both are empty.

tcpdump is doing something weird; it won't show me the traffic for some
reason (tcpdump -vv -n dst host 192.168.3.3 and src host 192.168.3.3);
yet the client is clearly getting some message.

roland

-
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland AT rlenter DOT com                            6818 Madeline Court
roland AT astrofoto DOT org                           Brooklyn, NY 11220