Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1 dir is trying to connect to Postgresql as root and is driving me nuts

2010-03-27 17:42:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.1 dir is trying to connect to Postgresql as root and is driving me nuts
From: mehma sarja <mehmasarja AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:39:29 -0700
Bruno Et all,

Yea as I looked at it the problem was well defined and the solution popped out. It was the "local" line in pg_hba and authentication changed from "ident" to "md5" fixed the problem.

Mehma
===

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch> wrote:
On 03/25/2010 01:35 AM, mehma sarja wrote:

> Mehma

Hi Mehma, just take a long breathe, and check with postgresql documentation how about interact pg_hba.conf and pg_ident.conf
to check manually issue a su bacula and try a psql -U bacula -d bacula type the password when requested and see if you can
connect. After you will have a valid connection, bacula-dir can also.

I'm thinking your are mixing normal authorization in pg_hba.conf and mapping users in pg_ident.conf

--

    Bruno Friedmann