Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Migration to a different system (remote tape)

2010-03-26 12:14:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Migration to a different system (remote tape)
From: Peter Eisch <peter AT boku DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:04:33 -0500
Hi,

I needed to move the tape changer device from the bacula dir/sd with disk
(volga) to a system running just the sd (ruhr).  I can status/mount/umount
from the dir (volga) just fine.

The problem comes when it's time to migrate.

26-Mar 10:50 volga-dir JobId 74: Start Migration JobId 74,
Job=onlineca-migrate.2010-03-26_10.50.19_44
26-Mar 10:55 ruhr-sd JobId 74: Fatal error: Device reservation failed for
JobId=74:
26-Mar 10:50 volga-dir JobId 74: Fatal error:
     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "someDev" because:
     3924 Device "someDev" not in SD Device resources.

I assumed that during the migrate that the dir reads the volumes and feeds
it to the sd/tape (ruhr).  Instead it appears by the errors that the the sd
on the sd/tape (ruhr) system only looks locally for the media to migrate.  I
don't have a definition in the bacula-sd.conf on the sd system for "someDev'
because it's not local.

I can work around this by adding the Device entry for "someDev" on the
sd/tape system and NFS mounting the media.  This seems kludgy.  Is there a
more elegant way have the sd/tape (ruhr) get the media from the dir/sd
(volga) system?

Thanks,

peter