Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Unable to run jobs simultaneous

2010-03-24 04:55:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Unable to run jobs simultaneous
From: avr4you <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 03:25:20 -0400
Hello,

i use Bacula 5.0.1 (Gentoo 32Bit) on different server with different storage
systems.
But i have the same problem at all:
On one server i have a DAT72 Tape and a Filestorage. I have two pools
File and Dat72. Every Pool has its own volumes.
I have created two jobs running at the same time and with the same
priority. One job uses a DAT72 Tape and the other a File Device.
I have increased the Maximum Concurrent Jobs to 20 in the
config from the director, the storage and the file daemon.
But the problem is, that one job starts and the other is
waiting for execution.
After the first job finished, the other starts.
But why not a the same time?
I had an old server with Bacula 3.0.3 and an Changer with two drives
and 22 Slots an there it works. Bacula writes to two drives at the same
time.

Please, could anyone point me to the right direction, because my
nightly backup windows becomes to small.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

Here my job definition:

Job {
  Name = "Backup-marcus-ws2"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Full
  Client = ws-marcus2-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "Afternoon"
  Storage = DAT-72
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Default
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/ws-marcus2.bsr"
}

Job {
  Name = "Backup-marcus-ws2-File"
  Type = Backup