Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Connecting old FD's with Bacula 5.0.1

2010-03-22 12:29:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Connecting old FD's with Bacula 5.0.1
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:27:03 +0200
"Marc Hansen" <Marcliste AT gmx DOT de> kirjoitti
viestissä:201003221647.04811.Marcliste AT gmx DOT de...
> Hi,
> I try to upgrade my Bacula-Version to 5.0.1.
>
> Is it possible to use this version with old FD-Clients?
>
> Version of FD-Client: 1.38.11

I think you are on your own there:
5.0.x _possibly_ works with 2.4.x FDs. Not a word about 1.x

So it may work too, but if you need to trust on it, there is no one to
blame...

> Please point me to any doc todo RTFM. ;-)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/bacula/5.0.1/ReleaseNotes/download

Compatibility:
As always, both the Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at
the same time, and on any given machine, you must run only one version
of Bacula. This means that on the Director and Storage daemon machines,
you *must* upgrade your File daemon as well.

Older 3.0.x and possibly 2.4.x File Daemons are compatible with the 5.0.0
Director and Storage daemons. There should be no need to upgrade older File
Daemons immediately. However, we recommend that you do so as soon
as is reasonable for your situation.