Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula backuping on wrong network interface

2010-03-16 04:14:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula backuping on wrong network interface
From: "Laurent HENRY (EHESS/CRI)" <Laurent.Henry AT ehess DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:00:33 +0100
Hello all,

       I have a problem to understandhow to configure bacula to make
backups on different network interfaces.

My config:

- backuped server (server1) with 2 network cards, one for internet traffic
(public IP), one for backups (private IP).
- bacula server (2.4 on debian) with 2 network cards. One private IP for
backups and one public IP for other backups elsewhere.

In my bacula-dir config
Client {
  Name = server1-fd
  Address = 10.2.0.21
  FDPort = 9102
}

I don't know how but while doing tcpdump during backups, i am noticing
bacula network traffic is between my 2 public interfaces and there is no
flow at all on my privates cards.

Could anyone know where i can take a look ?
I've never configured the public IP of the backuped server i don't
understand how bacula find it (and that is not what i want him to do)

Thank you for any clue.