Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 5.0.1: Copy job setup as documented leads to fatal error on startup

2010-03-15 05:31:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] 5.0.1: Copy job setup as documented leads to fatal error on startup
From: Robert Oschwald <roos AT symentis DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:58:28 +0100
Hi Folks,

I sucessfully migrated from BackupExec (Win) to Bacula 5.0.1 (CentOS/OSX 10.6 clients using CentOS5.1 Director) with a Backup2Disk2Tape configuration.
Everything works perfectly so far (Thanks for this great software!), but I got one issue:

On restart of bacula-dir, I receive the following fatal error:
JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon at "localhost:9102". Possible causes:

Reason for this message:
The Jobdefs for the duplication job is configured as described in the 5.0 documentation:

As I need to setup a dummy client, I receive the error mentioned above.
Why do I need to setup a dummy client for copy jobs? It's just from Pool to Pool copy and no client is involved, right?
As the doc url states "New_Features_in_3_0_0", could it be possible that the documentation for copy jobs is outdated?
The system itself works without any problems, just the fatal error is raised on startup.

Here is the config part I'm talking about:

JobDefs {
  Name = CopyDiskToTape       # Disk To Tape
  Type = Copy
  Messages = Standard
  Client = None
  FileSet = None