Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] changing the retention period to indefinite

2010-03-13 11:25:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] changing the retention period to indefinite
From: John Jorgensen <jorgnsn AT lcd.uregina DOT ca>
To: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>, Guy Matz <gmatz AT openfinance DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:23:20 -0600
Oops, I forgot to say that you can change the Volume Retention of
an individual volume using bconsole's "update volume" command.
Something like this

  update volume=003018 volretention="12.5 months"

is possible, but you can also just run "update" and then have
bconsole walk you through the menus.

Looking at the catalog schema, FileRetention and JobRetention
seem to only be associated with Clients, so I don't think you can
change them for an individual job.