Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic labelling from barcodes ?

2010-03-11 22:21:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic labelling from barcodes ?
From: Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:19:19 +1100
On 12 March 2010 13:04, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> yeah, maybe it is a timing issue , (the changer isn't the newest) the msgs
> didnt seem to be related to the job that was waiting, but i could be wrong.
> The issue is that , say, slot 1 is labelled correctly, 2 and 3 not,  4
> through 7 Ok. Sometimes it's one failed, sometimes 2, not the same all the
> time. Not earth shattering, but non-automatic.

If it is a timing issue then you need to fix your mtx-changer script
(to work with your changer) because your backups will have the same
problem as label barcodes.

Did you run the autochanger tests that are described in the manual?

John

thanks for the pointer, I'll look into that. I haven't seen any errors from the backups, so it may all be in my imagination.

thanks again,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The only people that never change are the stupid and the dead"
 Jorge Luis Borges.

Warned.