Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs in job definition

2010-03-11 19:24:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Concurrent Jobs in job definition
From: Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:21:13 +1100
Anyone?

btw, it is 5.0 , on Centos 5.4 64bit
_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The only people that never change are the stupid and the dead"
 Jorge Luis Borges.

Warned.

On 11 March 2010 13:40, Norberto Meijome <numardbsd AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a job that runs very frequently, and successive runs take different sets of data (as determined by a pre-job script). To avoid problems, my pre-job script sets a lock file and the post-clears it.

When I configure my director for concurrent jobs = 2, i sometimes get 2 of these jobs trying to run in parallel (which is understandable, many times a run has more data than the average and is still running while the next one is due). My pre-script will then cancel the execution of the 2nd script (because it finds the lock file). Great.

Of course, this is generating a bunch of (expected) errored jobs . I read in the documentaiton [1]  that I can use "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" in the Job def, to determine how many of this jobs can start in parallel. So I set this to 1 [2]

But it has no effect . I get 2 jobs running in parallel (for a short while, until the pre-script kills it). If I change the director's Max Concurrent Jobs to 1, then it's forced to 1 (but i need more than one, as I as have spooling enabled and other jobs writing to the tape too..)

What is going on ?

TIA!
_________________________
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The only people that never change are the stupid and the dead"
 Jorge Luis Borges.

Warned.

[1] http://bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001730000000000000000 , way down...

[2]
[...]
Job {
  Name = "assetBackups"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Level = Full
  FileSet="publishedAssetsSet"
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = "productionPool"
  Storage = "berthaTape"
  Schedule = "PublishedAssetsSchedule"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%n.bsr"
  Priority = 10
  Accurate = yes
  Spool Data = "">   # We only want one instance of this job running @ the same time.
  # enforced (errors out) in the apb_run.sh
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
  # This the list of asset versions to be backed up. The parameter passed is the number of versions to include in this run
  RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/backupFilelist/apb_run.sh 400"
  # This moves the current list out of the way and updates the offset
  # parameters passed are the jobId and the jobStatus
  RunAfterJob  = "/etc/bacula/backupFilelist/apb_post.sh %i %e"
}
[...]