Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to use another system disk partition as backup storage?

2010-03-11 03:11:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to use another system disk partition as backup storage?
From: user100 <user100 AT lisec-sw DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:46:40 +0100
I guess what you like to do can be better done with a second bacula-sd
installed on the second server.Otherwise (if I have understand right
what you plan to do) if you backup a client over the network the hole
traffic would go from the client to the first (bacula) server (that runs
bacula-dir and bacula-sd that is using local storage but pointed to some
mounted NFS share) and then again over network through NFS to the final
storage on another system. It should be more efficient if the the client
may talk directly to the system that hold the backup.

Greetings,
user100