Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] forcibly promote jobs' backup level?

2010-03-10 06:48:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] forcibly promote jobs' backup level?
From: Toni Mueller <support AT oeko DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:17:15 +0100

Hi,

after replacing the backup storage disk, I would like to force all
subsequent backups to start with a full backup run, so the disk becomes
"self-contained", sort of.

The only way to do it that I found so far, was to create a new job
using 'run <jobname>' and then modifying parameters. This didn't affect
the jobs listing for the scheduled jobs in any way, but did create a
list of new jobs that seem to run completely independently from all
other backups.

I would like to modify the existing jobs to all create one full backup
first, and preferably staggered to have only one of them per day.

This is Bacula 2.4.4 on Debian/Lenny, if that should matter.

Kind regards,
--Toni++