Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File based backup - Large number of Volumes

2010-03-07 10:29:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File based backup - Large number of Volumes
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:07:45 +0200
On 03/07/2010 03:58 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
> I just set up a new SD for backing up to HDD.  The system can hande
> about 7TB of backup data.
>
> I don't see a good reason for putting all Volumes in the same directory,
> but I can see reasons for putting Volumes in different directories.
> This would require the creation of multiple Devices within the
> bacula-sd.conf file (one Device for each directory).
>
> How big is the disk array you're backing up to?  How do you have your
> Volumes arranged?

I have many Bacula servers, but one of them is with 2x1TB partitions and
I've arranged different clients' backups to different folders. And
because Bacula doesn't let writing multiple volumes within the same
device concurrently, I have to set up a new device (for the same folder)
for every job that I want to run concurrently.

--
Silver