Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mantis

2010-03-06 09:20:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Mantis
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 09:17:37 -0500
On 2/28/2010 12:18 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello Dan,
>
> As I mentioned to you (Dan only) some time ago since you are managing our
> current Mantis bug reporting system, we are considering switching off of
> Mantis onto another bug reporting system.  The one I have chosen is RT, which
> in some respects is more complicated than Mantis, but it gives us a lot more
> power.
>
> Some of the advantages of RT are:
> 1. email interface for responding to tickets (bug reports)

Once it's up and running, it should also be possible to set up a separate
queue for integration with the dashboard.  CDash can be set up to generate an
email whenever a failing test is submitted, which would give you a more
complete overview of what's pending in RT.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken