Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I'm probably missing something obvious.

2010-03-04 17:30:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I'm probably missing something obvious.
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:02:12 +0100
Hello,

04.03.2010 20:20, altgrendel AT exit0 DOT us wrote:
> I'm running bacula 5.0.0-1 on an HP DL585-g2 that has Red Hat Linux 5.4 as
> the OS. I have a Quantum DXi3500 virtual tape unit fiber attached to the
> 585 as the backup library with autochanger. I created the RPMs myself with
> no problems. I tested the DXi with the mtx command and it changes tapes,
> reads, writes, and unloads all as expected.

I hope you also tested with tar or dd, and used the btape test...

> However, when I try to run a job from the console I get the following:
>
> 24-Feb 16:05 autolab-bg-b017d.ula.example. JobId 171: Fatal error:
>      Storage daemon didn't accept Device "DXI3500" because:
>      3924 Device "DXI3500" not in SD Device resources.
> 24-Feb 16:05 autolab-bg-b017d.ula.example. JobId 171: Error:

What that message is missing is that a device with matching name and
media type could not be found. See below.

> Am I missing something in the config files?

Yes.

> Or will the Quantum DXI just
> not work with bacula?

I'm pretty sure it will work just fine.

> Constructive comments and help appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> == Bacula director config ==
> Storage {
>   Name = DXI3500
> # Do not use "localhost" here
>   Address = autolab-bg-b017d                # N.B. Use a fully qualified
> name here
>   SDPort = 9103
>   Password = "<SD-PASSWORD>"
> # Device = FileStorage
>   Device = DXI3500
>   Media Type = Autochanger
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^
> }
> == Bacula SD config ==
> AutoChanger {
>   Name = "DXI3500"
>   Changer Device = /dev/sg0
>   Device = Drive-1, Drive-2, Drive-3, Drive-4
>   Changer Command = "/usr/lib64/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = "Drive-1"                      #
>   Drive Index = 0
>   Device Type = Tape
>   Media Type = LTO-3
                  ^^^^^
>   Archive Device = /dev/nst0
>   AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
>   RemovableMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   AutoChanger = yes
>   Maximum File Size = 4GB
> }

I guess you see wher things fail - you need to set the same Media Type
names both in the DIR and the SD's device configuration.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann