Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Storage definition precedence

2010-03-02 12:10:27
Subject: [Bacula-users] Storage definition precedence
From: Ferdinando Pasqualetti <fpasqual AT ccci DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:51:25 +0100
Hello List,
I thought that the order for determining which storage is to be used in a job shoulb be:
  • what defined in the POOL definition (essential for migrating a job in the pool)
  • superseded by what defined in the JOB definition (optional)
  • superseded by what defined in the SCHEDULE definition (optional)

And as far I noticed this was the behaviour before rev. 3. I am running 3.0.3 now and it appears that the storage definition in the pool takes the last word.
Can someone confirm that?
It seems useless to run the same pool on more than one storage, but I need to use one drive in a two drive tape storage outside bacula, in certain periods, so I defined one storage for each drive and I should be able to use the one I need.

Any suggestion welcome, thanks.

Ferdinando Pasqualetti
G.T.Dati srl
Tel. 0557310862 - 3356172731 - Fax 055720143