Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One Job, many clients... (I really need help with this!)

2010-02-28 16:44:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One Job, many clients... (I really need help with this!)
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:41:48 -0800
I have a guess that what you are really looking for is not for the three
clients to share one job, but rather one fileset.

You can't share jobs, but you can share file sets.

Basically, a job connects the file set with the client (and then says which
storage daemon to use, and all the other good things). So by definition you
can't have a single job for several clients.

But if all you want to do is back up the same files from each client, you
create three jobs that all use the same file set.